Partnership informs all of our work—we work in cooperation with individuals, Quaker Meetings, secular organizations, ecumenical organizations, Indigenous organizations, etc.
We believe that peace and justice are built by working with—and supporting—those directly affected by the issues involved; by working together with others with whom we share a common concern; and by working with Quaker Meetings as partners on projects so that the work is connected from the grassroots right up to national and international policy levels.
Partnership is all about relationship—with each other as individuals and as organizations. Partnership has its roots in our understanding that we are called to love one another and that truth speaks most profoundly from those with direct experience.
Our work and projects are informed by listening to peoples’ experience and what they understand to be the needs and solutions to problems that directly affect them and their communities. This is the path to a transformed world: broadening circles, respecting one another’s knowledge and experience, and working together.
We are members or partners of organizations through which we undertake work of common concern. Partners CFSC actively works with include:
- Amnesty International Canada
- Assembly of First Nations
- Canadian Council of Churches
- Canadian Council for Refugees
- Canadian Peace Initiative
- Church Council on Justice and Corrections
- Coalition for the Human Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Collaborating Centre for Prison Health and Education at the University of British Columbia
- First Nations Summit
- Friends Women’s Association
- Grand Council of the Crees (Eeyou Istchee)
- International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group
- KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives
- National Association of Agencies in Criminal Justice
- Ontario Council for International Cooperation
- Project Ploughshares
- Union of BC Indian Chiefs
Canadian Friends Service Committee is part of a global Quaker network of service agencies, including:
- American Friends Service Committee (USA)
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (USA)
- Kvekerhjelp Norway (Quaker Service Norway)
- Quaker Council on European Affairs (Belgium)
- Quaker Earthcare Witness (USA)
- Quäker-Hilfe Stiftung (Germany)
- Quaker Peace and Social Witness (Britain)
- Quaker Service Australia (Australia)
- Quaker United Nations Offices (Geneva and New York)